Library, Family and Local History Rooms
- Monday: 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday: 9am to 5pm
- Wednesday: 9am to 5pm
- Thursday: 9am to 5pm
- Friday: 10am to 5pm
- Saturday: 9am to 5pm
- Sunday: 11am to 4pm
This library is closed on bank holidays, but you can use our catalogue website at any time to reserve and renew books, and our e-library to download books and magazines. Rowntree Park Reading Cafe is open most bank holidays.
- Monday 1 June 2020 closes early at 4pm
- Wednesday 9 December 2020 closed all day
See the What’s on page for our programme of talks, exhibitions, activities and events for everyone, whatever your age or interests, or call in to pick up a brochure.
Why not come inside, take a look, and have a chat with our friendly staff?
- Cafe open every day for delicious light meals, drinks and homemade cakes
- Children’s area
- Explore Shop with a range of items to tempt you
- Newspapers and magazines
- Information about local services, events and education
- Fiction and non-fiction books for children, young people and adults – including eBooks and audio books
- Large print books
- Our Archives and Local History Service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Internet access
- Printing, photocopying and scanning. Email your document to email@example.com (for black and white) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for colour) and collect it from the library (see more information about printing).
- Events! See the What’s On section for all events, or for events at York Explore
- Free Information: get your questions answered by skilled library staff
- Quiet space to study or read
- Public toilets including disabled and baby change
- Fully accessible Changing Places Toilet
- Lift for disabled access