Library, Family and Local History Rooms
- Monday: 9am to 8pm
- Tuesday: 9am to 8pm
- Wednesday: 9am to 8pm
- Thursday: 9am to 8pm
- Friday: 10am to 6pm
- Saturday: 9am to 5pm
- Sunday: 11am to 4pm
This library is closed on bank holidays, but you can use our catalogue website at any time to reserve and renew books, and our e-library to download books and magazines. Rowntree Park Reading Cafe is open most bank holidays.
- Wednesday 20 May 2020 closed 9am – 2pm
- Monday 1 June 2020 closes early at 4pm
- Wednesday 14 October 2020 closed 9am – 2pm
- Wednesday 9 December 2020 closed all day
See the What’s on page for our programme of talks, exhibitions, activities and events for everyone, whatever your age or interests, or call in to pick up a brochure.
Why not come inside, take a look, and have a chat with our friendly staff?
The lift to the first floor will not be available on Friday 7 February 2020 due to essential maintenance work. If you are unable to use the stairs you will not have access to the Local History and Archives reading rooms on this day. We are very sorry about this, and are grateful for your understanding as we carry out work to improve our facilities.
- Cafe open every day for delicious light meals, drinks and homemade cakes.
- Explore Shop with a range of items to tempt you
- Newspapers and magazines
- Books free to borrow – including eBooks and audio books
- Our Archives and Local History Service
- Free WiFi
- Internet access
- Printing, photocopying and scanning. Email your document to firstname.lastname@example.org (for black and white) or email@example.com (for colour) and collect it from the library (see more information about printing).
- Events! See the What’s On section for all events, or for events at York Explore
- Free Information: get your questions answered by skilled library staff
- Quiet space to study or read
- Fully accessible Changing places toilet