We have moved!
New Earswick Library has now moved to it’s new home at the Folk, where Joseph Rowntree started the village’s very first library in 1908.
Please note the opening times below.
In addition to the usual library facilities, the public computers may be accessed during Folk Hall opening hours, even if the library is closed. There is also a cafe, with a children’s area, books and a self-service machine.
Monday: 9am – 12.30pm
Tuesday: 9am – 12.30pm and 2pm – 4.30pm
Thursday: 1.30pm – 5pm
Friday: 1.30pm – 5pm
Saturday: 10am – 12 noon
This library is closed on bank holidays, but you can use our catalogue website at any time to reserve and renew books, and our e-library to download books and magazines. Rowntree Park Reading Cafe is open most bank holidays.
- Four bookable public access computers available when Folk Hall is open
- Free broadband internet access and wi-fi
- Fiction and non-fiction for children, young people and adults
- A children’s area
- Books and a self-service machine in the cafe
- Events! See the What’s On section for all events
- Storytimes; Reading Groups & Digital Drop-ins
- Information about local services
- Family and local history
- Meeting rooms available to hire from New Earswick Folk Hall
Parking: There is a public car park to the rear of the building with disabled spaces too.
New Earswick Library is served by Buses: 1, 13, 14 & 20 which stops right outside.