Changes to usual opening hours:
On Wednesday 11 December our libraries and reading cafes will be closed all day for the annual Explore staff conference. No books will be due for return on this date.
Christmas and New Year
- We will be open for self-service at the following times during the Christmas period.
- We will close at 12:30 pm on Tuesday 24 December.
- We will be closed Wednesday 25 December and Thursday 26 December.
- We will be open at the following times during the Christmas period:
Friday 27 December 9am – 5pm
Saturday 28 10am – 12 noon
Sunday 29 Closed
Monday 30 9am – 5pm
Tuesday 31 9am – 5pm
Wednesday 1 January Closed
On Thursday 2 January we will return to regular opening times.
New Earswick Library is located at the Folk Hall, where Joseph Rowntree started the village’s very first library in 1908.
You can pop in to borrow, browse and return books, or use a PC, any time that the Folk Hall is open (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat 10-12 noon). Explore staff are on hand to help you at the times indicated below and self service times are also shown:
Monday: 9am – 12.30pm staffed. Afternoon self service.
Tuesday: 9am – 12.30pm and 2pm – 4.30pm staffed.
Wednesday: Self service.
Thursday: Morning self service. 1.30pm – 5pm staffed.
Friday: Morning self service. 1.30pm – 5pm staffed.
Saturday: 10am – 12 noon staffed. Afternoon closed.
There is also a cafe, with a children’s area, books and a self-service machine.
This library is closed on bank holidays, but you can use our catalogue website at any time to reserve and renew books, and our e-library to download books and magazines. Rowntree Park Reading Cafe is open most bank holidays.
- Four bookable public access computers available when Folk Hall is open
- Free broadband internet access and wi-fi
- Fiction and non-fiction for children, young people and adults
- A children’s area
- Books and a self-service machine in the cafe
- Events! See the What’s On section for all events
- Storytimes; Reading Groups
- Information about local services
- Family and local history
- Meeting rooms available to hire from New Earswick Folk Hall
Parking: There is a public car park to the rear of the building. Disabled spaces are located adjacent to the building.
Buses: 1, 13, 14 and 20 stop outside the Folk Hall.
No 5 stops at the Huntington end of the Link Road.