New Earswick Library is located at the Folk Hall, where Joseph Rowntree started the village’s very first library in 1908.
You can pop in to borrow, browse and return books, or use a PC, any time that the Folk Hall is open (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat 10-12 noon). Explore staff are on hand to help you at the times indicated below and self service times are also shown:
|Monday:||9am – 12.30pm staff present||12:30 – 5pm self service|
|Tuesday:||9am – 12.30pm staff present||2pm – 4.30pm staff present|
|Wednesday:||9am – 5pm self service|
|Thursday:||9am – 1:30pm self service||1.30pm – 5pm staff present|
|Friday:||9am – 1:30pm self service||1.30pm – 5pm staff present|
|Saturday:||10am – 12 noon staff present|
There is also a cafe, with a children’s area, books and a self-service machine.
This library is closed on bank holidays, but you can use our catalogue website at any time to reserve and renew books, and our e-library to download books and magazines. Rowntree Park Reading Cafe is open most bank holidays.
- Fiction and non-fiction for children, young people and adults
- Large print books and audiobooks
- Children’s areas in library and cafe
- Regular Storytimes; Reading Groups and Chat & Craft sessions plus a programme of special events in the What’s On section
- Information about local services
- Adult Education course information
- Bookable public access computers with printing facility
- Free broadband internet access and Wi-Fi
- Quiet space to study and read
- Cafe open daily, serving light meals, drinks and homemade cakes
- Public toilet with baby change facility
- Fully accessible Changing Places Toilet
- Meeting rooms to hire managed by the JRHT
- Lift for disabled access