Note: The vehicle won’t be stopping at Wigginton on Wednesday 26 September due to staffing issues, but will be back on schedule on Friday 28. Books will be renewed.
The library service in Haxby is delivered by our new mobile library. We are open five days a week, in four different locations for full days and a half day on Saturday. We stop at the same place on the same day every week so that you know when to expect us.
Ethel Ward Playing Field Monday 9.30am – 6.30pm
Haxby Memorial Hall Tuesday 9.30am –5.00pm
Wigginton Recreation Hall Wednesday 9.30am –5.00pm
Oaken Grove Community Centre Friday 9.30am –5.00pm
Oaken Grove Community Centre Saturday 9.30am – 12.30pm
New Earswick Library
The opening hours at New Earswick Library will continue to be extended as follows:-
Monday: 9am – 12.30pm and 1pm to 5pm
Tuesday: 9am – 12.30pm and 2pm – 4.30pm
Wednesday: 2pm – 5pm
Thursday: 1.30pm – 5pm
Friday: 9am – 12.30pm and 1.30pm – 5pm
Saturday: 10am – 12 noon
- Fiction and non-fiction for children, young people and adults
- Large print books and audiobooks
- Books can be returned to any library in York or renewed online
- Self-service technology
- Access to PCs is available at any library in York. The closest library to Haxby is New Earswick
- Information about local services
- Adult Education course information
- Knit and natter
- Weekly storytimes for under 5’s
- Fortnightly chatterbooks reading group
- Haxby Book chain
- Car parking
The mobile library stops at all venues in car parks so parking is available at each site including disabled spaces.
Haxby Explore Library is served by buses 20, 13 and 1 from the city centre.