Changes to usual opening hours:
On Wednesday 11 December our libraries and reading cafes will be closed all day for the annual Explore staff conference. No books will be due for return on this date.
Christmas and New Year –
- Tuesday 24 December – 9am to 1pm
- Wednesday 25 December to Wednesday 1 January – closed
- Thursday 2 January – normal hours
- Monday: 9am – 1pm and 2pm – 5.30pm
- Tuesday: 2pm – 6.30pm
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 9am – 1pm
- Friday: 2pm – 5.30pm
- Saturday: 9am – 1pm
This library is closed on bank holidays, but you can use our catalogue website at any time to reserve and renew books, and our e-library to download books and magazines. Rowntree Park Reading Cafe is open most bank holidays.
- Free broadband internet access and wi-fi
- Fiction and non-fiction for children, young people and adults
- A children’s area
- Events! See the What’s On section for all events
- Storytimes; Chatterbooks; Reading Groups & Digital.
- Information about local services
- Family and local history
- A meeting room and an ICT suite
- The shop
There is free car parking available at the front of the shopping centre.
The no.13 bus runs every 30 minutes during the day and the bus stop is a short walk.
The Coastliner buses 840/843/845 run every 30 minutes during the day and stop at Top Lane/Hallcroft lane which is a 5-10 minute walk.