Changes to usual opening hours:
On Wednesday 11 December our libraries and reading cafes will be closed all day for the annual Explore staff conference. No books will be due for return on this date.
Christmas and New Year –
All libraries will close at 1pm on Christmas Eve, Tuesday 24 December 2019.
York, Acomb and Tang Hall will open as normal on Friday 27, Saturday 28, Sunday 29 (York and Tang Hall only) and Monday 30 December, but closing at 5pm (or normal closure times if earlier than 5pm). They will close at 1pm on New Year’s Eve, Tuesday 31 December 2019.
All libraries will then open as normal on Thursday 2 Jan 2020.
- Monday: 2.30pm – 5.30pm
- Tuesday: 10am – 1pm and 2pm – 5.30pm
- Wednesday: 10am – 1pm and 2pm – 5.30pm
- Thursday: 2.30pm – 7pm
- Friday: 10am – 1pm and 2pm – 5.30pm
- Saturday: 10am – 1pm
This library is closed on bank holidays, but you can use our catalogue website at any time to reserve and renew books, and our e-library to download books and magazines. Rowntree Park Reading Cafe is open most bank holidays.
- Free broadband internet access and wi-fi
- Fiction and non-fiction for children, young people and adults
- A children’s area
- Events! See the What’s On section for all events
- Storytimes; Chatterbooks; Reading Groups & Digital.
- Printing, photocopying and scanning. Email your document to firstname.lastname@example.org (for black and white) or email@example.com (for colour) and collect it from the library (see more information about printing).
- Information about local services
- Family and local history
- A meeting room and an ICT suite
- The shop
We have a car park behind the library which includes 2 disabled spaces.
No buses stop directly outside the library but the number 2 Park & Ride, Reliance number 19 and the number 30 all stop within a 5 minute walk.