Changes to usual opening hours:
On Wednesday 11 December our libraries and reading cafes will be closed all day for the annual Explore staff conference. No books will be due for return on this date.
On Christmas Eve, Tuesday 24 December 2019, Rowntree Park Café will be open until 1pm and will stop serving at 12:30pm.
It will be closed on Christmas Day 25 December and Boxing Day 26 December.
Reopening on Friday 27 and Saturday 28 as normal.
On Tuesday 31 the café will be open until 1pm and will stop serving at 12:30pm.
It will be closed on New Year’s Day 1 January, and then be open as normal on Thursday 2 January 2020.
During the Christmas period we will have a reduced menu, and instead serving some lovely specials.
The opening hours change throughout the year according to the seasons and the opening hours of the park itself. Current hours are below.
Monday 9am – 3.30pm
Tuesday 9am – 3.30pm
Wednesday 9am – 3.30pm
Thursday 9am – 3.30pm
Friday 9am – 3.30pm
Saturday 9am – 3.30pm
Sunday 9am – 3.30pm
Please note that the cafe finishes serving hot food half an hour before these closing times and last order for food is at 2pm. 9am-11:30am breakfast and 11:30am -2pm lunch.
If the park is closed due to flooding, access to the Reading Cafe is maintained through Richardson Street.
You can borrow from a selection of more than 1,000 books, including the latest fiction, non-fiction and children’s books (selected with the help of the Friends of Rowntree Park).
And that’s not all. You can also:
- enjoy wholesome, local, quality fresh produce, with seasonal food available on the menu daily
- check out our menu
- sit and browse the daily newspapers and lifestyle magazines
- make the most of the scenic balcony views which overlook one of York’s most beautiful parks
- get your clicks with free wifi access
- sign up for our weekly knitting group, which meets at 1pm every Wednesday
- look out for our programme of talks and classes
- buy yourself a take away drink
- indulge in one of our fantastic ice creams
- bring all the family – our children’s books and baby-changing facilities make it an idea family stop-off
- join our monthly reading group, which meets at 2pm on the first Tuesday of the month
- Visit two Reading Cafes in one day! Download our Park to Park Walking Trail Leaflet and Childrens Walking Map