Rowntree Park Lodge, Richardson Street, York YO23 1JU
The opening hours change throughout the year according to the seasons and the opening hours of the park itself. Currently, the cafe is open 9am to 3.30pm every day. If the park is closed due to flooding, access to the Reading Cafe is maintained through Richardson Street.
You can borrow from a selection of more than 1,000 books, including the latest fiction, non-fiction and children’s books (selected with the help of the Friends of Rowntree Park).
And that’s not all. You can also:
- enjoy wholesome, local, quality fresh produce, with seasonal food available on the menu daily
- sit and browse the daily newspapers and lifestyle magazines
- make the most of the scenic balcony views which overlook one of York’s most beautiful parks
- get your clicks with free wifi access
- sign up for our weekly knitting group, which meets at 1pm every Wednesday
- look out for our programme of talks and classes
- buy yourself a take away drink
- indulge in one of our fantastic ice creams
- bring all the family – our children’s books and baby-changing facilities make it an idea family stop-off
- join our monthly reading group, which meets at 2pm on the first Tuesday of the month
- every third Thursday of the month join us for Scrabble for Fun
- whispering Wednesday. Every Wednesday in term time only we have a more subdued atmosphere allowing people to work on a laptop, study or relax with a book or paper.
- See an access guide to this building on the Disabled Go website