Changes to usual opening hours:
On Wednesday 11 December our libraries and reading cafes will be closed all day for the annual Explore staff conference. No books will be due for return on this date.
Christmas and New Year –
- We will close at 1pm on Christmas Eve, Tuesday 24 December 2019.
- We will reopen as normal on Friday 27 December from 9 am to 5 pm, Saturday 28 and Sunday the 29th from 9 am to 4 pm, and Monday 30th December 2019 from 9 am to 5 pm.
- We will close at 1 pm on New Year’s Eve, Tuesday 31 December 2019.
- We will then open as normal on Thursday 2 Jan 2020.
Tang Hall Explore has moved to a brilliant new location – The Centre@Burnholme. For the first time we’ve also got a superb Reading Cafe. A perfect place for the community to get together, and we are really excited about it!
- Monday: 9.00am – 8.00pm
- Tuesday: 9.00am – 8.00pm
- Wednesday: 9.00am – 8.00pm
- Thursday: 9.00am – 8.00pm
- Friday: 9.00am – 6.00pm
- Saturday: 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Sunday: 10am – 4.00pm
This library is closed on bank holidays, but you can use our catalogue website at any time to reserve and renew books, and our e-library to download books and magazines. Rowntree Park Reading Cafe is open most bank holidays.
Cafe open every day for delicious light meals, snacks and homemade cakes
- A fantastic suite of meeting rooms available to hire
- Free broadband internet access and wi-fi
- Two fully accessible Changing Places toilets
- One baby changing area
- Fiction and non-fiction for children, young people and adults
- A children’s area
- Quiet study area – although we do not have dedicated quiet space, our quieter times of day are typically from 3.30pm Monday to Friday until closing, with our busiest times being morning and early afternoon
- Events. Please see the What’s On section for all events
- Storytimes; Chatterbooks; Reading Groups & Digital.
- Printing, photocopying and scanning. Email your document to email@example.com (for black and white) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for colour) and collect it from the library (see more information about printing).
- Information about local services
- Family and local history (our main archive facilities are at York Explore Library)
- A shop