Changes to usual opening hours:
On Wednesday 11 December our libraries and reading cafes will be closed all day for the annual Explore staff conference. No books will be due for return on this date.
Christmas and New Year –
- We will close at 1pm on Christmas Eve, Tuesday 24 December 2019.
- We will reopen as normal on Friday 27 and Saturday 28, closing at normal hours.
- We will be closed Sunday 29 December.
- We will open Monday 30 December, but closing at 5pm.
- On New Year’s Eve, Tuesday 31 December 2019 we will close at 1pm.
- We will then reopen as normal on Thursday 2 Jan 2020.
- Monday: 9am – 7.30pm
- Tuesday: 9am – 7.30pm
- Wednesday: 9am – 2pm
- Thursday: 9am – 7.30pm
- Friday: 9am – 5pm
- Saturday: 9am – 3pm
Please see the Acomb Explore Cafe page for opening hours and other information about the cafe.
This library is closed on bank holidays, but you can use our catalogue website at any time to reserve and renew books, and our e-library to download books. Rowntree Park Reading Cafe is open most bank holidays.
Benefits Advice Line
Here at Acomb Explore, you can use this service to get advice on housing and council tax benefits Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm. Just lift the handset and follow the instructions.
- Free broadband internet access and wi-fi
- Fiction and non-fiction for children, young people and adults
- A children’s area
- Events! See the What’s On section for all events
- Storytimes; Chatterbooks; Reading Groups & Digital.
- Information about local services
- Printing, photocopying and scanning. Email your document to firstname.lastname@example.org (for black and white) or email@example.com (for colour) and collect it from the library (see more information about printing).
- Family and local history
- A meeting room and an ICT suite
- The shop