Libraries will be closed in the morning on Wednesday 27 March to allow staff to attend our annual conference.
York Explore will remain open as will Bishopthorpe library. The following libraries and Reading Cafes will be closed for the morning: Acomb, Clifton, Haxby, Tang Hall, Poppleton, and Rowntree Park. All these libraries except Acomb Explore will re-open as usual at 2pm.
Any items due back on 27 March will be renewed for a further week and will now be due back on 3 April.
We do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the closure and we hope that you understand how important the conference is for all our staff.
- Monday: 9am – 7.30pm
- Tuesday: 9am – 7.30pm
- Wednesday: 9am – 2pm
- Thursday: 9am – 7.30pm
- Friday: 9am – 5pm
- Saturday: 9am – 3pm
Please see the Acomb Explore Cafe page for opening hours and other information about the cafe.
This library is closed on bank holidays, but you can use our catalogue website at any time to reserve and renew books, and our e-library to download books and magazines. Rowntree Park Reading Cafe is open most bank holidays.
Benefits Advice Line
Here at Acomb Explore, you can use this service to get advice on housing and council tax benefits Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm. Just lift the handset and follow the instructions.
- Free broadband internet access and wi-fi
- Fiction and non-fiction for children, young people and adults
- A children’s area
- Events! See the What’s On section for all events
- Storytimes; Chatterbooks; Reading Groups & Digital.
- Information about local services
- Printing, photocopying and scanning. Email your document to firstname.lastname@example.org (for black and white) or email@example.com (for colour) and collect it from the library (see more information about printing).
- Family and local history
- A meeting room and an ICT suite
- The shop