Young Adult Book Club (Chapters)
May 21 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:00 pm on Thursday, repeating indefinitely
Research has shown that belonging to a reading group helps people to read more, to enjoy reading more, to read more widely and to share their love of books with others.
As a result, reading group members have said that they are happier, more confident, have made more friends and feel a part of their local community.
Teens from across York are welcome to join the reading group @ The Centre, Burnholme, York’s newest library – it is free to join and may change your life. Make new friends from different parts of York – who are all bookworms and are passionate about libraries!
You can enjoy lots of fun activities and events, like:
- Great stories
- Chats about your favourite books
- Visits from authors
- Quizzes and competitions
- Goodies, such as bags, diaries, bookmarks and stickers
- Surfing the internet for great sites about reading/creative writing/media
- Following children’s book awards and helping to choose new books for the library
- Social Media tips
- Drama workshops
- Train to be a Reading Hack
- Themed Nights