Attractions included in the YorkCard discounts giving you a potential saving of at least £50 over the year (based on one visit only).
Barley Hall 20% off entry fee
Can You Escape York? 20% off at for York card holders. When booking online or over the phone please quote XYORK20 and bring your card with you to your game.
City Cruises York Save up to £3 per person on daytime sightseeing with City Cruises York
DiG 20% off entry fee
Explore Libraries and Archives Discounted entry to author events and talks
Fairfax House 20% off normal ticket rate
Henry VII Experience 20% off entry fee
Jorvik Viking Centre 20% off entry fee
Merchant Adventurers Hall 50% off entry fee
Mountain Goat Tours 20% discount off tours (including friends and family of YorkCard holders). To receive the discount just add the code Yorkcard20 to the discount code section when booking.
Richard III Experience 20% off entry fee.
Roman Bath Museum 50% off entry fee.
York Army Museum 50% discount on admission prices.
York Chocolate Story 1/3 off entry fee on Sundays.
York Mansion House 50% discount on admission prices.
York Minster Free entry to Minster (excludes tower).
York Museums Trust (the Yorkshire Museum & Gardens, York Art Gallery & York Castle Museum) 20% off a day ticket at any site and 40% off an annual pass.
York Sport 20% off selected sports activities.
York Visitor Information Centre 10% off merchandise.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I renew my YorkCard?
You can renew your card at any Explore Library.
How long do the York Cards last?
The current York Cards will expire 12 months from the month in which you purchase them.
How much do the cards cost?
The York Card is £6 for adult residents and FREE to children and young people up to the age of 18.
If you are in receipt of the following means tested benefits: Disability Living Allowance, Carers Allowance, Council Tax Support, Widowed Parents Allowance, or Universal Credit the York card is free – you just need to show library staff your awarding letter from DWP or CYC.
If you prefer you may choose to have a library card without the York Card, which is free.
How do I get my York Card
Your York Card will be issued to you at any Explore Library as part of your library card.
Joining the library is very easy to do at any branch – just come in and join up. If you wish, you can speed up the process in the library by submitting this online joining form in advance, so that we’ve already captured your details, but this isn’t necessary and please be aware that you’ll still need to call in to the library to actually get the card.
Is it a family card?
No, everybody in your household needs their own card.
Valid York Cards
Valid York Cards have a printed expiry date on them.
There are a few simple rules to ensure that the scheme isn’t abused. Please read them before using your York Card.
- A York Card may only be used by the person to whom it is issued. It must be signed.
- You must show your York Card to obtain the discounted rates – one discount per card presented.
- York Card discounts are normally given for facilities and events on parks or on the strays.
- Tickets, entry and use of facilities are subject to availability.
- Charges are subject to change without notice.
- You may be asked for additional proof of identity.
- York Cards are only available to residents of the City of York Council area.
- Our partners reserve the right to place conditions on the discounts offered; for their terms and conditions please see the respective websites.
- All offers are subject to change. Please see this website for the latest updates.